**UPCOMING JASON PURE SHOWS AND DATES**

More shows to come soon... in the meantime,"To Whom It May Concern...", my musical letter to all of you, is available NOW on iTunes, Amazon.com and Google Play!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Random Musings: The Bruno Mars Dilemna

Bruno Mars is on FIRE right now. Not only did he have a Billboard number one hit “Nothin’ On You” with rapper B.O.B., but he’s currently riding high at the number one spot with his own song “Just The Way You Are”, a sweet ode to his mesmerizing girl-next-door. Unfortunately, the 24-year-old up-and-comer has also been riding high with drugs apparently, as he was arrested on Sept. 19 for alleged cocaine possession. Now, is Bruno the first musician to do drugs? No, not by far. To be arrested for drugs? No, again not by far. In the last month, rapper T.I. and his wife Tiny were arrested for drug possession. Lady Gaga admitted in a magazine interview to doing cocaine on occasion (SHOCKER!). Amy Winehouse (whose voice is a treasure) seems to visit rehab more than Lindsay Lohan.

But in Bruno’s case, I am a bit biased. I am a songwriter at heart, and his songwriting skills are phenomenal. After hearing his song “Grenade”, I was completely sold on the guy. I’ve been eagerly anticipating his album and what else he may have in store, BUT after these allegations, what now? Do I still buy the album, and potentially support his drug habit? Or is it even that serious? Am I just supporting a good musician and his problems are his business?

Ongoing thought…

No comments: