**UPCOMING JASON PURE SHOWS AND DATES**

More shows to come soon... in the meantime,"To Whom It May Concern...", my musical letter to all of you, is available NOW on iTunes, Amazon.com and Google Play!

Friday, May 23, 2008

The Indie Files: Chaz Mason

Welcome to the Indie Files, a special section profiling the best in independent music. What makes independent artists (like myself) so different from the Chris Browns and Carrie Underwoods of the world? Well, indie artists are usually not backed by some large corporation like most major label arists are; for most of us, we are self-financed (we pay for EVERYTHING ourselves). Now, what's the benefit? TOTAL CREATIVE CONTROL. Our art can be pure and unadulterated, and we reap the fruits of our labor immediately - no middle man between us and the people.

Now, let me address this before we begin... I'm sure there's someone saying "Why is he profiling other independent artists?" Well, cuz I wanna! Haha... and because these are the folks I listen to. Plus, this is my blog... you'll hear and see and read all of my musical exploits as time goes by.

That being said, I want to introduce you guys to Chaz Mason. This talented cat is no stranger to the music industry, taking tips and sharing the stage with his mom, gospel singer Babbie Mason, from an early age. Now he's ready to make his own mark on the music-listening world with his upcoming project entitled "Soul Evolution". Here's what he had to say when I threw a couple of questions at him:

What do you want listeners to take away from your album (Soul Evolution)?
"I hope listeners, first and foremost, feel the overall authentic creation of music. I want them to feel the intricate melodies intertwined with the rhythm of the drums and percussion. They should be able to identify with the lyrics and stories because essentially we all deal with the same things in life. I hope that it moves them in ways they've been longing to move. I hope it helps them achieve a place (in music) that is both familiar and new."

Why is music so inspiring to you?
"I think thats kinda hard to explain. Or maybe just simple. For me, music is innate. I kinda feel like I don't have a choice. I know I was put here to do music, so music doesn't really inspire me. Music just makes sense. Life inspires me. Everyday life and the lessons I learn are what inspires me. God inspires me. My fans inspire me. And those that are better than me inspire me."


Befriend Chaz on MySpace to keep up with his latest events and offerings!

No comments: