**UPCOMING JASON PURE SHOWS AND DATES**

More shows to come soon... in the meantime,"To Whom It May Concern...", my musical letter to all of you, is available NOW on iTunes, Amazon.com and Google Play!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Video Throwback: Mariah Carey ft. Bone Thugs - Breakdown

Takin' it back to 1998 for this one. For those that don't know, Mariah Carey has been one of my favorite artists for a minute. You can't deny that voice if you wanted to. That being said, I'm not so thrilled about her putting out bodies of work like say... "Touch My Body"? Not such a good look. So I had to go back to MC's turning point album Butterfly, where she first solidly planted her feet in the R&B/hip-hop community. One of the stand-outs was her collabo with Krayzie Bone and Wish Bone from Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. It's an all-around great song, and was ahead of it's time with the "rap-singing" style that's so prevalent on radio today. Click on the picture to the peep the video (Sony BMG wouldn't let me embed it... sorry).

No comments: